We are living in the golden age of smartphones, where new, improved, upgraded and better smartphones are hitting the shelves every other day. The good thing is that today there are many options for people to choose from, which can leave just about anyone, well and truly spoilt for choice. The bad news is that if you are eyeing a top-of-the-line smartphone instead of a mid-budget phone, then you will have to fork out a substantial sum of money from your budget. The supply of smartphones has beaten down the price to a considerable extent in the market, but still most premium and top-of-the-line smartphones remain prohibitively priced and out of the reach of many.
Why should you consider buying a used phone?
If you still are pretty hellbent of getting yourself a top-of-the-line smartphone than either you begin saving for it, get a loan or simply buy used cellphones for sale. The last option has been gaining currency in the past couple of years as people at large are beginning to appreciate the many benefits of buying used cellphones for sale at absolutely ‘steal’ prices! With used phones, you can easily upgrade to a better device, while saving a substantial sum of money. Money is an important factor but it isn’t the only factor and here are some of the other factors that you need to consider when you go about buying used cellphones for sale.
Used, pre-owned or refurbished: Which is the best option for you!
If you have an option to buy used cellphones for sale, pre-owned or refurbished phones, then you should definitely go for the refurbished option! This is because the refurbished phone, as the name implies has obviously gone through software and hardware repairs to become new-like. If given an option, you should prefer pre-owned phones over used cellphones for sale, because pre-owned phones have a little more assurance for the buyer. So there goes the order and that’s where your priority and preferences should lie in descending order.
1. Refurbished phones.
2. Pre-owned phones.
3. Used phones.
5 tips for buying used phones
Now that you have more than a fair idea of what you should be looking for in the market, here are some important tips that you should use, which will enhance your chances of getting yourself with a good deal, while avoiding the many pitfalls associated with buying used cellphones for sale. Let’s get started!
- When to buy: – Knowing when to buy a certain device can greatly influence the price you eventually end up paying for it. You need to keep an eye out for announcements and as soon as a manufacturer unveils its latest and upgraded version, you need to buy the most recent model and hopefully get it at very low prices. This is because a lot of people often sell their previous version, when the new version comes out! Top Android phone manufacturers announce their flagship devices every day and the same goes for Apple and it’s iPhone as well. You just need to wait for the most opportune moment to make your move and then make hay while the sun shines! Remember, if you time this to a nicety, you’ll walk away with the most recent phone model at unbelievably low prices!
- Network:- You need to know the network of the phone because if you end up buying a phone which doesn’t work with the carrier of your choice, then you will have to incur additional expenses. That’s why the most ideal way out there is to buy directly from your carrier, even if you have to pay a little bit of premium. If you don’t buy it directly from the carrier, you need to check and cross-check to know for sure if the device is compatible with the carrier of your choice. If even this way doesn’t interest you, then you can opt for a multiband unlocked smartphone because such smartphones can work with any carrier.
- Research prices:- To make sure that you get the best possible deal in the market and don’t end up paying more than the market rate, you need to figure out the going rate for the used cellphones for sale that you are aiming to buy. Thankfully, there are many price comparison sites on the internet that you can look to, to get a fair idea of the definitive price range in which that particular phone model is selling for. In order to get an accurate analysis, you need to compare different phones with their general condition, to get a fair understanding of the prices prevalent in the market.
- Return policy :- If you haven’t been able to procure a smartphone from a carrier or phone marker, you should at least try to buy a phone from a reseller who offers a good return policy. It is imperative that you buy only from resellers who offer good return policies because some hardware or software defects won’t be apparent on the surface, when you inspect the smartphone for the first time, right before buying. So, unless you want to carry on using a defective phone, make sure you buy from resellers who offer good return policies and then make note of the return window, in which you can return the phone, if needed.
- Know the seller :- If you are buying from a carrier or phone maker, then you are in good hands, and provided they are reputed, you won’t have to do much in cross-checking their credentials. But in case you are buying it from a private seller, then you need to check their credentials to know for sure, if they can be trusted or not. Fortunately, most sites provide some guidance on this issue and you can see for yourself how long they have been a member and how many transactions they have completed and how they have been rated by buyers who have bought from them!
There you go. Those were the 5 factors that you need to consider when you go about buying used cellphones for sale. If and when your time your move to a nicety and consider all factors as have been mentioned away, you will be able to walk away with a very good deal and won’t have to face the pitfalls of buying used cell phones, like many people do.